Itronics has "success proven" expertise in several scientific fields including hydrometallurgy, pyrometallurgy, formulation and precision manufacturing of chelated fertilizers, plant nutrition which includes what happens to applied nutrients in the soil and how plants take in and utilize the nutrients both from the soil and from foliar application. Itronics also has proven expertise in mineral project planning and implementation which is being used to launch the Fulstone Project.
- A new iron leaching (iron recovery) technology, the Itromet FeLix process, is now under advanced development and is contributing to improved and expanded silver refining and fertilizer manufacturing operations. This technology cuts silver refining costs in half and produces a new raw material that is used in GOLD’n GRO fertilizer manufacturing. Profitability is improved by reducing refining costs, and by recovering iron, that would normally be wasted, for sale in GOLD’n GRO chelated liquid micronutrient fertilizers.
- Itronics is evaluating mineral production, processing, and manufacturing opportunities for the Fulstone Project and the Company’s technologies that may emerge in the Yerington district. The Company is performing field and office geological analysis to identify specific drill targets for the Fulstone Project. The Company is also looking for other mineral development opportunities in the Yerington Mining District.
- Itronics has identified certain specialty minerals that may have environmental benefits in mining, agriculture, horticulture, and animal husbandry and that may fit into the Company’s business plan. As time and funding permits, we are evaluating the feasibility of incorporating these minerals into the Company’s development plans.
- Itronics is evaluating human nutrition opportunities where its knowledge of mineral nutrients, inorganic and organic compounds, essential acids, and specialty chemical manufacturing may be applied to strategically create foods that improve human health, and thereby reduce medical costs which are becoming a huge burden on society and the economy.
- Itronics has been researching and is now developing a gluten-free hot cereal that may have neutraceutical benefits for pre-diabetics and diabetics by improving blood sugar control and for people with gluten sensitivity (Celiac Disease). The cereal could represent a dietary improvement for the large and expanding group of pre-diabetic and diabetic humans, and could result in lowering medical costs of managing the diabetes problem. The cereal could also be beneficial for people who have glucose intolerance or glucose sensitivity. If a successful product can be developed, this could make a major contribution to human sustainability. Diabetes is now an epidemic in the United States and is even affecting a large number of children. Celiac disease is also becoming much more common and is affecting people of all ages.